Sunday 5 September 2010

NARS: New Pure Matte Lipstick Collection




I own over 50 lipsticks (on the last count and that doesn’t include lipglosses) and a fifth of those are all NARS, none of them are matte. I actually didn’t own any matte lipsticks until now.

I took a trip over to the NARS pop up counter in Selfridges last week where I met some of the NARS make up artists. I got chatting to the lovely David who found it hilarious that my friend who came with me calls me Janice Dickinson! (Pre-surgery I hope and in her young days on the cover of Vogue).

The new NARS Matte Lipsticks are luxuriously rich, which glide on effortlessly, without drag, cakiness or resistance. They defy the traditional challenge of long-wearing lipsticks, they didn’t dry out my lips and stayed on after my meal at Busaba.

Rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin E and Acai Oil, Pure Matte nourishes and conditions lips. Wild Mango Butter’s advanced moisturising properties work to repair lips from dryness and scaling (that is so grosse when I see lips like that), leaving lips feeling supple and soft.

There are six amazingly deeply pigmented colours;

• Volga (Deep Aubergine)

• Bangok (Soft Rose) – I LOVE

• Tonkin (Cinnamon Plum)

• Terre De Feu (Black Cherry)

• Tashkent (Nude Beige) I LOVE

• Vesuvio (Full Bodied Red) I LOVE


(Wearing Tashkent)

Vesuvio is the colour I chose to take away, it is the best red I have ever come across, perfect for my skin tone, not a blue or a burgundy red, a true blood red.


(Wearing Vesuvio)

I am a now a Matte Lipstick fan. Thank you NARS.

RRP: £18

Available from Selfridges

2 comments:

  1. That red is AMAZING! I want it!

    Much love,
    Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of lipsticks. I like it very much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...