Monday 2 August 2010

amie - a girl's new BFF


Profile of my tester who used the amie skincare range for a week;

Name: Sarah Khan
Age: 17
Occupation: Student
Skin Type: Normal- Dry
Usual products: I normally use Finders dermabalance face moisturiser, Clean and Clear facial wash, Eve Lom cleanser.

Review:
For the past week, I have been using the Amie skincare product range, specifically designed for young and teenage skin. Being 17 years old and with so many different skin care products on the market, Amie makes choosing the right products much easier. I have found that previously, whilst some skins products promise clearer skin within a certain amount of time it has had the opposite effects, such as breakouts instead of "perfect" skin. Amie skincare has an average of 95% natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals or parabens.

In the morning, I started with Amie Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash. The face wash promises really clean skin that feels soft and smooth, and this is exactly how my skin felt afterwards. My skin felt completely refreshed and hydrated and I find it is perfect for everyday use as with no harsh chemicals or parabens it can only produce good results. I used the facial wash both morning and night as the oil excess and dirt from the day is removed.

After using the Purifying Facial Wash, I then moisturised with Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser. The first thing I noticed was how refreshingly light the moisturiser was and it really complements the Facial Wash as your skin still feels soft and smooth, if not more so, after application of the moisturiser. My face didn't look shiny either, yet it felt hydrated. This matte effect of this moisturiser makes it a good base for my tinted moisturiser.

The Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask is directed to be used only once or twice a week. On appication, after about 2-3 minutes I felt a light tingling sensation from the organic peppermint which was intensified over time. The fresh, lime smell of the mask also added to its appeal It feels like an indication of the deep cleansing working and after 10 minutes, I washed the face mask off and the cooling sensation still lasted! I'd advise that you only apply a thin layer as it can take a while to wash off but the results felt almost immeadiate- my skin felt the softest and most refreshed than it had before.

At night time, before washing my face I like to remove my eye make up beforehand as the eye area is too sensitive to rub make up off with just face wash. I used Amie Bright Eyes Very Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover by applying some of the product to a cotton wool pad. I have previously used eye make-up remover products that have made my eyes sting but the gentle formula of Amie's ensured this didn't happen. Instead, my eyes felt cleansed and my eye make-up was removed in just a few swipes. With each swipe, my eye area were cooled and throughly cleansed.

Exfoliating your skin is important in the removing of dead skin cells and deeply cleansing your pores to prevent spots. Amie New Leaf Skin Exfoliating Polish is indicated to be used once or twice a week. I chose Sunday and Wednesday so that my skin is refreshed for a new week and then a mid week cleanse.I applied the product onto my face and as directed, massaged in circular movements. I did this for about 2 minutes and then washed it off with warm water. This product literally does polish your skin: my skin felt smooth and removed of all dirt leaving it feeling soft and looking clear.

Amie Skin Care is pure and natural beauty in it's truest form. After the week, my skin has never looked so clear and bright! Natural products with no harsh chemicals or parabens and an average of 95% natural ingredients. The affordable price makes it appealing for me on a part time job wage, whilst the use of ethical products ensures a safe  environment. It's fair to say, my Amie week has become my permanent skin care routine.

Thank you Sarah for this thorough review.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...